Our internship program offers the opportunity for students of emergency management to get hands-on experience with one of the premiere emergency management organizations in Colorado. Our interns work closely with our staff , and independently, on projects involving all phases of the emergency management cycle. Our interns are exposed to emergency management activities at all levels of government and have an opportunity build an impressive portfolio.
Examples of past intern achievements include:
- Working in an active EOC
- Participating in, designing, and delivering trainings and exercises
- Completing projects to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of Boulder emergency management programs
- Be enrolled in a degree program in Emergency Management, Planning, Organizational Development, Public Administration, Environmental Science, or a related field.
- Demonstrate an interest in the field of emergency managment.
- Demonstrate familiarity with emergency operations centers and WebEOC preferred, but not required.
- Undergo fingerprinting and pass a criminal background check prior to internship placement.
- Committ 12 to 20 hours per week between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Work schedule between those hours is very flexible. Duration of committment is a minimum of 6 months, but may be extended.
Our interns are not eligibile for payroll or other benefits. However, successful applicants will have the opportunity to gain experience and learn about emergency management while having a blast!
Upon completion of the internship program, interns can apply to become OEM volunteers and continue to work in the EOC during activiations.
Email your resume and cover letter to Amy Danzl at gro.y1513401257tnuoc1513401257redlu1513401257ob@lz1513401257nada1513401257