To all of our community members, we are grateful for your support and patience as we kept the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) open 24/7 for nearly two weeks to address the many early responder and resident needs in Boulder County. From the very beginning of the flooding event until the past few days, our emphasis on communications from the EOC has been on first responder and immediate and short term information needs for the community.
The priorities now for the Office of Emergency Management (OEM), the Emergency Operations Center and both the City of Boulder and Boulder County have transitioned to coordinating and communicating information about disaster assistance and ongoing infrastructure issues.
Who's doing what in the aftermath of flood:
- The EOC has transitioned to a Recovery Coordination Center. We're focusing on roads, structure damage, animal control, public safety and law enforcement.
- Our two Disaster Assistance Centers - in Longmont and Boulder - are meeting with people throughout the day to respond to their individual concerns and needs around housing, financial assistance and other flood-related matters.
- Our local Type 3 Incident Management Team remains committed to keeping its focus on search & rescue and emergency response.
What this means, is that we are shutting down placing updates HERE on this OEM emergency-status page . Instead, we encourage you to follow disaster assistance and recovery efforts on the following websites and social media sites:
- www.BoulderCountyFlood.org (resources available to all Boulder County residents)
- www.BoulderFloodInfo.net (City of Boulder resources and information)
- @BoulderCounty (county)
- @BoulderColorado (city)
- @BoulderOEM (Emergency Management)
- @BoulderCoHHS (Housing & Human Services)
- /bouldercounty (county)
- /bouldercolorado.gov (city)
- /boulderoem (Emergency Management)
Also, be sure to watch the Sheriff's and Transportation Department's video on keeping our mountains and foothills free from all unnecessary traffic as we seek to rebuild our roads, bridge and basic infrastructure. Thank you.