THIS WAS THE FIRE BAN IN EFFECT FOR THIS DATE. AS THE FIRE BAN WAS AMENDED, IT WAS UPDATED ON THIS SITE. FOR THE MOST CURRENT FIRE BAN INFORMATION, SEE: BOULDERSHERIFF.ORG.
- A Fire Ban in is effect and open burning and the sale and use of fireworks is prohibited in ALL of unincorporated Boulder
- This order also excludes any federal, state, or local officer or member of an organized rescue, police or firefighting agency in the performance of an official
- Because sparks and hot ashes from any source contribute to the fire danger, the discharge of all fireworks including permissible fireworks, as defined in R.S. 12-28-101(8), as amended, outside incorporated city limits and within the unincorporated areas of Boulder County described in paragraph 1, is prohibited. In addition smoking outside incorporated city limits is strongly discouraged except within an enclosed motor vehicle or building, a developed recreation site, or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials.
- This Fire Ban including a ban on open burning and the sale and discharge of fireworks in Boulder County shall be in effect beginning at 5 p.m. on Saturday, July 9, 2016, and shall remain in effect unless amended or rescinded by the Boulder County Sheriff or the Board of County Commissioners of Boulder
- Any person who violates this Fire Ban commits a class 2 petty offense and upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by a fine of five hundred dollars ($500) for a first offense, seven hundred and fifty dollars ($750) for a second offense, and one thousand dollars ($1000) for a third and any subsequent The penalty assessment procedure provided in Section 16-2-201, C.R.S. shall be followed by the arresting Sheriff’s Deputy or other officer for any violation of these Level 1 Fire Restrictions, and the graduated fine schedule set forth herein shall be followed when issuing any summons and complaint in accordance with such procedure.
ADOPTED this 9th day of July, 2016 (and will remain in effect until amended or rescinded)
BOULDER COUNTY SHERIFF
Joseph K. Pelle, Sheriff
Copy of complete Fire Ban resolution