Sheriff Pelle gave another update at a 5 p.m. media briefing this evening. Some of the highlights are as follows:
- 80% containment on the fire as of this evening; 100% containment expected by tomorrow at the end of dayshift operations.
- No growth in the fire and mop-up operations continue.
- Boulder Canyon Drive will reopen, unrestricted, tonight at 8 p.m. Between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. tomorrow, a single-lane restriction is planned for Boulder Canyon to allow fire operations to continue. The single-lane restriction will be between Mile Markers 28.5 and 30.0 near Castle Rock.
- Sheriff Pelle announced the current plan is that after dayshift firefighters are pulled off the line (8 p.m.) tomorrow, all remaining mandatory evacuation zones will be rescinded and everyone can return home. Those who are currently under mandatory evacuation order will probably not have power tomorrow night when they return home.
- Today was the final day of regularly scheduled press briefings and community meetings. Any new information will be pushed out electronically (media releases, OEM website, social media), unless a significant event occurs that requires a community meeting or another press briefing.