We agree that getting outdoors during COVID-19 is needed for exercise and fresh air, but following these open space/trail rules and regulations and social distancing is mandatory:
- Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet between anyone not from the same household
- Stay close to home as much as possible
- Use the Boulder Area Trails App (www.trailsapp.org) to find trails near your home and/or less popular to avoid crowds and parking issues
- Learn and adhere to the rules and regulations of the particular park or trail you are visiting
- Abide by parking rules at trailheads and parking lots
In addition to unsafe crowding, the additional use of public open space is causing adverse impacts to recreational areas, especially at trailheads, in parking lots, and along roads adjacent to these trails. While visits to open space are encouraged for exercise and fresh air, strict adherence to open space rules and regulations and social distancing are mandatory.
Click on the story below for additional information.
Boulder County and municipal trails see record crowds as statewide stay-at-home order restricts many activities.
Comments are closed.