- Fire is now at 80% containment – 12 p.m.
- Fire was stable overnight – the concerns with high winds did not come to fruition.
- Firefighters spent the evening putting out hot spots and flare ups
- There is a fire line completely around the fire perimeter. This could be a dug line, a road, or a slurry line.
- There is a very low probability of the fire jumping this line under normal conditions…but unfortunately there is a Red Flag Warning today which means we are not under normal weather conditions.
- Red Flag Warning will be in affect until 7 p.m. tonight. Today is another day of high temperatures and low moisture.
- The fire is still hottest in the Northwest corner of the fire footprint
- Roughly $500,000 was spent on fire fighting efforts yesterday
- Today there are 178 firefighters and 50 fire apparatus working in the field
- We have 1 Type-3 helicopter on stand-by to do more bucket drops
- The East Boulder Community Center still remains open as a shelter location – one person used the shelter overnight
- The shelter will be considering closing sometime this morning
- One evacuated horse stayed at the Boulder County Fairgrounds overnight
Comments are closed.